Monday, November 5, 2007

Jack's Guide to Chicago

We went on a boat down the Chicago River. At first I thought it might be fun.

Then this guy started talking about all these buildings. That made me think I wouldn't mind being in a building eating something. So I did what all self-respecting babies do at these moments, I demanded food. Then I fell asleep.

When I woke up I wasn't sure where I was. Chicago is a big place and my parents took me all over that city. I never knew where I was going to wake up. In fact, each morning I woke up in my cousin Drake's kitchen...that threw me a little, but Mom and Dad were always in the next room, so it wasn't that different from home.

One thing I really liked was the Lincoln Park Zoo. Among the highlights were the African Wild Dogs,which reminded me of my doggies, Buddy and Shamus. I also liked the big fish tank with a lot of fish eating lettuce. Here Dad and I are finding out what it's like to be an ant tunneling through the ground. Isn't my Dad fun?

Chicago has so many things to offer, but I would be remiss if I didn't t mention the Art. Even in a tourist trap like Navy Pier we were able to elevate ourselves by taking in an exhibit of stained glass...it reminded me a little of church, but at the Pier nobody really cared if I squealed with glee.

2 comments:

TLC said...

Love it! Looks like you guys had a ball. I understand Jack, why you would want to fall asleep when those guys start talking!

amanda said...

cute...I like the shoes he has on as he is burrowing through the ground with Daddy... His dad does look fun, he looks so grown up! (Jack, not Bob)